This is part of a four-part webinar series on IRAs. To view or purchase the entire series, click here.
I know the answer! I think I know the answer! I thought I knew the answer! Whether you're an IRA "rookie" or an IRA "pro", you've probably had this feeling many times. That helpless feeling we get when an IRA accountholder asks us anything beyond the most basic IRA question. We'll help you reach a higher "comfort level" on these complicated topics.
What You Will Learn:IRA Beneficiaries:
- Basic difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Naming an estate or trust as a beneficiary
- IRS penalty exceptions prior to age 59 1/2 and the proper IRS coding
- Required Annual Notifications for RMDs and withholding
- Manually calculating distributions to accountholders age 70 1/2 and older
- Extensive discussion of beneficiary payout options - including spouse, nonspouse, estate and trust
- Setting up the Inherited IRA and documentation requirements
Who Should Attend?
IRA personnel in New Accounts, CDs, Trust, and Investments who are involved with the operation, administration or internal auditing of IRA accounts will benefit greatly from the thorough discussions of the more complicated aspects of the IRA world. The content is intermediate-to-advanced, with a minimum of two years' experience recommended. Participants should have a working knowledge of IRAs.
You are encouraged to bring a sample of the IRA forms your financial institution uses for your review during the session, including: IRA Distribution forms, Annual Notices, and any other forms you may have questions about.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.