What is "appropriate" work appearance? Do you have the right to tell employees what to wear? How much can an employer dictate styles of dress, hair, perfume or jewelry? When do company appearance rules become discriminatory or violate employees' legal rights? This program will cover the practical and legal issues and the current trends in workplace appearance, and what you should and shouldn't do about it.
- What are your rights to regulate appearance?
- What is the legal foundation on dress codes, health, safety and an employee's right to determine what is "appropriate" appearance?
- The legal problems concerning discrimination (gender, race and national origin), religion and privacy rights concerning appearance.
- "How to" properly address appearance issues from body odor, clothing, hairstyle and even piercings.
- What is "good appearance"?
- Creating dress code policies.
This serious subject is presented with humor and down-to-earth examples and advice by an attorney who has helped companies throughout the United States effectively address issues of an ever-changing workplace.
Who Should Attend?
This program is critical for anyone with responsibility for supervising employees.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.