In 2012, there were 10.8 million middle managers working in the United States. It’s a reasonable assumption that more than a third of all managers in banking are “managing in the middle": reporting to top-level managers while managing others in some capacity. This practical, real-world webinar will help middle managers navigate their way through the maze that comes with the job.
"Managing in the Middle" gives supervisors and managers the skills they need to manage work and people. They can become stronger links in the management chain. Here are some thoughts to consider about middle managers:
- They know how stuff really gets done.
- They understand process and procedure, who does what, and critical deadlines.
- They are in the best position to help motivate the staff. They are with them all day.
- They have to work stuff out with cross-functional departments and teams.
- They have the power to set the tone and encourage bounce-back when things go wrong.
- They don’t have to defend the mission they have to lead getting the mission done.
- They need to be trained, coached, and valued for what they contribute.
Tune in and what great middle managers do differently.
What You Will Learn:
- Plan, organize and manage in a more productive way
- Sharpen essential skills in order to elevate personal effectiveness
- Coach for maximum results and minimum demotivation
- Build positive relationships with your team, colleagues, and senior management
- Develop credibility as a leader
- Empower people through meaningful, ongoing performance appraisals
- Handle disciplinary problems and managing conflict
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors who want to enhance their skills and contributions
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.