What will regulators find when they examine your financial institution for Regulation E compliance with error resolution procedures? Do your employees know what is required? Do they know that a customer can write their PIN on a card and this will not be considered "negligent" if the card is lost or stolen? This is a Reg E FACT and not "FICTION!"
Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to handle Reg E customer disputes and inquiries. Understanding the rules will help you satisfy the regulators but can also SAVE YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION MONEY by only paying the claims that you are required to reimburse for unauthorized transactions. We will review the steps required to handle disputes and inquiries and the time frames for resolving a claim for an unauthorized transaction. The only way you can be sure that your front line staff is complying with this high-profile consumer protection regulation is by providing effective training and providing sound procedures.
- The basic disclosure requirements of Reg E and the definitions that guide the error resolution process.
- What questions should you ask a customer about a disputed transaction?
- What are five "best practices" for handling a Reg E dispute?
- What should be included in an investigation report?
- How do you determine if a customer is liable for an unauthorized transaction? Learn practical suggestions for conducting and documenting an investigation.
- Resources to educate customers about fraud prevention
Who Should Attend?
Customer (Member) Service Reps, New Account Reps, Teller Supervisors, Deposit Operations staff, Security and Compliance Officers. NOTE: This webinar will NOT address Visa or MasterCard zero liability rules; only the Federal Reg E dispute provisions are included.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.