FinCEN issued guidance on business models involving virtual currency. This guidance is intended to help financial institutions comply with their existing obligations under the BSA as they relate to current and emerging business models involving CVC by describing FinCEN’s existing regulatory approach to the issues most frequently raised by industry, law enforcement, and other regulatory bodies within this evolving financial environment. In this regard, it covers only certain business models and necessarily does not address every potential combination of facts and circumstances. Thus, a person working with a business model not specifically included in this guidance may still have BSA obligations.
During this webinar we will explore the guidance and its implications for your BSA department.
What You Will Learn
- Business Model
- Value that Substitutes for Currency
- Application of BSA regulations to persons exempt from MSB status engaged in transactions denominated in any type of value that substitutes for currency
- Application of BSA regulations to persons not exempt from MSB status engaged in transactions denominated in any type of value that substitutes for currency
- Convertible Virtual Currency (CVC)
- General Application of BSA Regulations to Money Transmission
- BSA Obligations of Money Transmitters
- Application of BSA Regulations to Money Transmission Involving CVC
- And much much more
Who Should Attend?
BSA Officer, Staff and Coordinators, Training, Deposit Operations and Compliance.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.