Attend the IRA Advanced Issues Seminar from the convenience of your own office via Live Streaming Video as it happens on November 14th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
Now that you've got the IRA Basics under your belt, on Day 2 we will discuss some of the more complicated and confusing topics in the IRA world. It is SO important you know the difference between the words "rollover" and "transfer" so that your IRS coding and reporting generates correctly. If not, your bank may be the cause of many clients and customers getting tax bills from the IRS because the sending and receiving institutions did not match in their reporting. It really happens!! We will thoroughly discuss the NINE most common errors of beneficiary payouts and once again, how everything is supposed to report to the IRS.
While it may take years to build a confidence level where you can answer almost any question thrown your way, the goal of these two days is to raise your comfort level if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience. Each attendee of either or both days of Live Streaming will be able to download or print one copy of the Sunwest Training Corp IRA Training and Reference manual. This valuable tool is also known as the "IRA Red Book" across the country.
On day two you learn the following:
- The proper terminology of "Rollover" vs. "Transfer" when moving money from an employer plan to an IRA and from an IRA to an IRA - and the consequences if we don't know the difference.
- NEW How to report "late" or "tardy" rollovers on the 2019 5498.
- And finally, you will better-learn and comprehend the complicated areas of IRA Distributions to owners and beneficiaries and IRS reporting, resulting in a better picture of this complicated topic.
- Updated legislative regulations on IRAs as the result of passed and enacted laws including the Secure Act and the 2019 Cost of Living Adjustments
- Qualified Plan Rollovers to a Traditional or Roth IRA – 6 Red Flags
- Direct vs. Indirect
- IRA to IRA Indirect Rollovers and Direct Transfers – Once-per-12-month rule clarifications and recent rules on 60 day exceptions and reporting
- Federal and State Income Tax Withholding requirements
- Before age 59½
- At age 70½ including mandatory notices
- 9 Biggest Mistakes of IRA Beneficiary Payouts
- Overview and Explanation of IRS Reporting Requirements
Who Should Attend?
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are newly involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of IRAs. Any officer/manager who "oversees" the IRA department and may be responsible for answering IRA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open IRA accounts. Experienced IRA Personnel who like a slower pace workshop to cover all the new changes in a comprehensive manner.
"Patrice Konarik is extremely knowledgeable regarding IRAs. She took complicated scenarios and explained in a simple, straightforward way why IRA transactions were processed a certain way and the consequences of doing them incorrectly. Her combination of humor and knowledge, made this training both informative and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is wanting to increase their IRA knowledge." -- Leslie Diaz, Relationship Banking Manager, Crossfirst Bank
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.