Most HR blunders begin with managers because they have the most daily contact with our employees. This webinar will review HR basics for managers and give them practical tools to avoid HR issues.
As employment litigation is on the rise, smart employers ensure that their managers have a solid foundation of HR legal basics in order to avoid blunders. Training managers on HR issues is critical because it is managers who have extensive daily contact with employees and are often the ones whose statements and actions cause HR issues to result in legal issues.
This webinar will provide your managers with a solid foundation of key HR concepts and laws, and will give them practical information and tools they can use to avoid legal blunders.
- Basics of at will employment
- Keys to legal interviews
- Key anti-discrimination laws and why managers need to understand them
- What managers need to know about core laws like the ADA and FMLA
- When can verbal statements become binding promises
- Key wage and hour laws
- What managers need to know about harassment law
- Questions every manager should ask when they are going to discipline or terminate someone
- Best practices in documenting employment issues
- Other hot buttons managers should avoid
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors and HR professionals will all benefit from the program.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.