The Call Report is constantly changing, producing confusion and many questions. Extensive changes took place over the course of the past few years and there are more on the horizon. This webinar will provide updates and training for experienced preparers and reviewers and will include coverage of new and complex issues impacting the Call Report preparation.
Ms. Dopjera will be available to answer future Call Report questions by email. All questions should be routed to email@example.com. Annual training is highly recommended by regulators. The FFIEC 041 & 051 forms will be used and discussed in the presentation.
- Proposed and approved changes to the 2020 and 2019 Call Reports as well as other recent revisions (see below outline)
- Summary and outline of the implementation time-lines for new Accounting Standards Updates related to:
- Equity securities under ASU 2016-01
- Premium amortization on debt securities under ASU 2017-08
- Lease accounting guidance under ASU 2016-01 (ASC Topic No. 842)
- Revenue recognition (ASU 2016-20 / ASC Topic No. 606) with specific impact on sales of ORE
- Current and expected credit losses (CECL) under ASU 2016-13
Recently Proposed and Approved Revisions
- Impact of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA) on Call Reporting. Reduced reporting will be highlighted as well as the differences in reporting requirements for forms FFIEC 041 and FFIEC 051.
- Option to calculate a simple leverage ratio, rather than multiple measures of capital adequacy for banks that meet certain criteria under the Community Bank Leverage Ratio (CBLR) guidelines.
- Update to brokered deposit definition to exclude certain reciprocal deposits.
- Reporting changes related to implementation of ASU 2016-01 and ASU 2016-13.
- Simplifications to the risk based capital rules. The changes will be effective April 1, 2020 (with early adoption available and reportable in the March 31, 2020 Call Report) and simplify the threshold deduction treatment for mortgage servicing assets, deferred taxes arising from temporary differences that cannot be realized through carrybacks, and investments in the capital of unconsolidated financial institutions
Who Should Attend?
This review of the Call Report updates will benefit anyone responsible for the implantation of new accounting guidance, preparation of Call Report schedules or the review of Call Report schedules. This training will supplement annual comprehensive Call Report training recommended by bank regulators.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.