Financial institutions face the unique challenge of complying with state unclaimed property law while managing customer relationships and protecting customer assets. Escheating a customer’s account timely is critical to maintain compliance, but can also yield negative results and organizational risks if the customer is not truly lost or inactive.
This webinar will focus on complex state unclaimed property reporting requirements and the unique challenges facing banks and other financial institutions. Learn best practices to mitigate risk proactively, efficiently track customer contact, and monitor recent legislative updates that could impact your organization.
- Overview of unclaimed property reporting requirements;
- Trends impacting financial organizations;
- Handling of unique property types, such as IRAs, CDs, and Safe Deposit Boxes;
- State dormancy periods;
- Exemptions and deductions;
- Owner outreach and due diligence campaigns;
- Best practices for maintaining contact with customers; and
- Costly pitfalls and reporting errors to avoid.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for the oversight, management, and reporting of unclaimed property; such as bank operations managers, compliance officers, risk managers, and internal auditors.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.