This is Part 2 of a 2 Part Series on basic compliance regulations. To register for the full series, click HERE.
Whether new to lending compliance or an old pro the key to complying with the lending compliance regulations is a thorough understanding of the basic requirements of each regulation. We see examiners cite more violations of requirements that have been in place for decades than we do requirements of newly effective rules.
This two-hour program covers the basic requirements of each covered regulation. For each covered topic we focus on:
- Covered and exempt transactions;
- Required disclosures:
- Timing of the disclosures;
- Content of the disclosures; and
- Regulatory restrictions and prohibitions.
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z);
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X);
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B);
- Fair Housing Act;
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C);
- Flood Insurance Rules;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act);
- Community Reinvestment Act;
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; and
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices.
Who Should Attend?
The program is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.