Each part in this series is 2 hours in length.
This targeted learning experience is designed for bankers, accountants, and auditors new to banking or the accounting department and those seeking a refresher course on the accounting practices and basic components of the balance sheet and income statement of a financial institution.
- General application of accounting practices to include a discussion of double-entry accounting, the general ledger and the flow of accounting transaction activity into a balance sheet and income statement.
- The impact of debits and credits posted to the major categories of assets, liabilities, equity, income, and expense.
- An overview of the Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) and the concept of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP) and the role of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Examples and exercises to illustrate accounting transactions for major asset, liability, equity, income, and expense items will play a significant role in the learning experience.
- Discussions related to basic and important internal controls with a description of why controls are important to the overall accounting and financial reporting process of the institution.
- The basic concept of consolidation accounting with sample-eliminating entries will be provided.
- Take-away accounting exercises will be provided to participants after each session.
- The presentation materials and the extensive exhibit takeaways provide a future reference source to all participants on the accounting topics covered.
- Bank Accounting: Boot Camp on the Basics - Part 1
- Bank Accounting: Boot Camp on the Basics - Part 2
- Bank Accounting: Boot Camp on the Basics - Part 3
- Bank Accounting: Boot Camp on the Basics - Part 4
- Bank Accounting: Boot Camp on the Basics - Part 5
Who Should Attend
Those with accounting and/or auditing responsibilities in a financial institution will benefit from this series. Time should be allowed for post-session follow-up work on accounting exercises provided as part of the learning experience. The presentation information and extensive exhibit takeaways contribute significantly to the learning experience and provide a source for future reference on the accounting topics covered.
Field of Study:Accounting
Prerequisites:Familiarity with your bank’s general ledger.
Advanced Preparation:No advanced preparation required.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Bank Accounting: Boot Camp on the Basics - 5 Part Series has been approved for 10 CPE credits. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only.
OnCourse Learning is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Students can contact OnCourse Learning via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to lodge complaints or issues.